I’ve played this character in the previous campaign(s) of our group and it got retired. The idea was to create a strong social character that also fulfills the role of a classical rogue (disabling traps and opening doors). She still has some use in combat, but is very squishy and should stay hidden or behind the tank at any time.
Vashta Nerada (name origin) is a female half-elven rogue. She used to work as a courtesan but found people tend to pay more for the possessions of her clients than the clients for her services. Being a trained courtesan she has no problem to seduce victims and infiltrate mansions and strongholds. Her social skills and profession allow her to penetrate strong security measures and obtain objects of desire while the owner is fast asleep.
Name: Vashta Nerada
Raw: STR: 10 DEX: 18 CON: 10 INT: 14 WIS: 10 CHA: 18
Equipped: STR: 10 DEX: 22 CON: 10 INT: 14 WIS: 10 CHA: 20
(Point Buy 25: STR: 10 DEX: 16 CON: 10 INT: 14 WIS: 10 CHA: 16, +2 DEX Race Bonus, +2 CHA from level 4+8)
Hit Points: 10D8
Reflex: 13 Fortitude: 3 Willpower: 3
Armor Class: 22 Touch: 16 Flat-footed: 16
CMB: 7 CMD: 23
Shortbow: Attacks: +16/+11 Damage: 1d6+2 Crit: 20/x3
Shortbow(30 feet): Attacks: +17/+12 Damage: 1d6+2 (+5d6 +5 bleed on Sneak Attack) Crit: 20/x3
Dagger: Attacks: +14/+9 Damage: 1d4 (+5d6 +5 bleed on Sneak Attack) Crit: 19-20/x2
(5 regular + 1 skill focus from race)
- Point-Blank Shot – +1 attack and damage on targets within 30 feet
- Precise Shot – No penalty for shooting into melee
- Weapon Finesse – Use DEX instead of STR on attack rolls with light weapons
- Weapon Focus(Short Bow) – +1 bonus on attack rolls with one weapon
- Skill Focus(Perception) – +3 bonus on one skill (+6 at 10 ranks)
- Skill Focus(Stealth) – +3 bonus on one skill (+6 at 10 ranks)
(4 Normal, 1 Advanced )
- Bleeding Attack: A rogue with this ability can cause living opponents to bleed by hitting them with a sneak attack.
- Fast Stealth: This ability allows a rogue to move at full speed using the Stealth skill without penalty.
- Trap Spotter: Whenever a rogue with this talent comes within 10 feet of a trap, she receives an immediate Perception skill check to notice the trap.
- Sniper’s Eye: A rogue with this talent can apply her sneak attack damage on ranged attacks targeting foes within 30 feet that benefit from concealment.
- Stealthy Sniper: When a rogue with this talent uses the Stealth skill to snipe, she only suffers a –10 penalty on the Stealth check, instead of –20.
- Charming: Blessed with good looks, you’ve come to depend on the fact that others find you attractive. You gain a +1 trait bonus when you use Bluff or Diplomacy on a character that is (or could be) sexually attracted to you, and a +1 trait bonus to the save DC of any language-dependent spell you cast on such characters or creatures.
- Elven Reflexes: One of your parents was a member of a wild elven tribe, and you’ve inherited a portion of your elven parent’s quick reflexes. You gain a +2 trait bonus on Initiative checks.
(62000 GP at level 10)
- Darkwood Shortbow +2 (8350)
- Dagger +1 (2302)
- Mithral Chain Shirt +2 (5300)
- Corset of the vishkanya (3000): As a free action, the wearer can compress herself to fit through tight spaces as though affected by a squeeze spell (Advanced Race Guide) for up to 10 rounds per day. While using the corset’s magic, she gains a +5 bonus on Escape Artist checks.
- Cloak of Elvenkind (2500): +5 Stealth
- Eyes of the Eagle (2500): +5 Perception
- Vest of Escape (5200): Hidden inside these are magic lockpicks that provide a +4 competence bonus on Disable Device checks. The vest also grants its wearer a +6 competence bonus on Escape Artist checks.
- Belt of incredible dexterity +4 (16000): +4 Dexterity
- Boots of the Winterland (2500): The wearer of these boots is able to travel across snow at her normal speed, leaving no tracks. (And more)
- Hat of Disguise (1800): This apparently normal hat allows its wearer to alter her appearance as with a disguise self spell.
- Headband of alluring charisma +2 (4000): +2 Charisma
- Mind sentinel medallion (3500): The medallion grants a continuous +2 resistance bonus on saves versus mind-affecting spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities.
- Sleeves of many garments (200): The wearer of these sleeves can, when she slips them on, choose to transform her current garments into any other nonmagical set of clothing.
- Apprentice’s cheating gloves (2200): The wearer of these gloves can employ mage hand and prestidigitation at will.
- 2648 GP for other equipment and toys.
(ranks only, 11 ranks per level)
|Sleight of Hand||10||19|
- +10 Disguise when using Hat of Disguise
- +5 to find and disable traps (Trapfinding)
- +3 Reflex/AC vs traps (Trap Sense)
- +2 Resistance bonus versus mind-affecting spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities
- +1 Bluff/Diplomacy versus characters that are (or could be) sexually attracted to you (Charming)